D.214\12

Tonight is APA, I told Gina that I'd wear a dress today. But that is not until tonight.

I need to cut the branches with the reciprocating blade but I'm tired and I am feeling lazy. I know I have to do a lot of this work on the backyard, seeing as it is my idea. I'm still shocked that Ragazzo is doing a lot of this work, I thought he would have supported the ideas but left all the work to me. I'm so happy that he is helping with most of this heavy lifting.

So last night we were at Lowe's and while we were waiting for the blocks to be brought out to the truck two people, a older couple, came out with some heavy lifting items. The woman went directly to the truck cab and got in leaving the guy to load the items himself. Ragazzo made a comment saying she was lazy and I pointed out that most women are that way. He said he knew, but still didn't like it. I'm not a girly-girl, never have been. Sometimes I do like to dress up, but even then I'm a tomboy through and through. I don't mind "bucking brick" as Ragazzo says- that's moving the bricks from the truck to the backyard. I don't care about doing heavy work, sweating or whatever. Guess it is just the way I was raised. I wonder if that is why he loves me... Hmm.

Well, my little iPad is dying, I am done writing for today.

Con affecto.
Me


Sent from my iPad


 These are the branches that were removed from the tree in the front yard. They need to be chopped to size, these will be the top for the shade structure that I want to build. All the little branches and the twigs will provide great grabs for the wisteria and Virginia creeper that I want to get growing to provide shade. I might do it to the front yard too, since Virginia Creeper doesn't destroy masonry it provides great shade and keeps the building structure cooler by reflecting the sun away. Nice.... Just got to prune it away from the roof. Easy enough to do.


 Here is all the cinder blocks that I bought last night, again I thought it would have been more for everything. But since all those branches are by the side gate we had to carry all these blocks through the garage and into the back yard. My hands are still all scratched up ^__^ ouchie.


 So here is the patio concrete edge that Ragazzo built out for me. From here I need to build up the soil, extend that flower bed to the left out by 5 feet.


 Here is the project plans for the retaining wall and the location of the shade structure. That retaining wall will be 14 feet from the patio edge. It will connect to the southern wall and head north for 28 feet, turn 90 degrees to the west (toward the house) and continue on for another 9 feet. It will be made out of cinder blocks for about $130, then Ragazzo suggested a stone face veneer. I made fun of the veneer saying they were ugly- he doesn't take joking so well. But I finally convinced him that I was serious and I liked his idea, I'll do that as long as he chose the color. Silly Ragazzo.


So here is what Ragazzo did for me, he pulled in dirt from the yard and leveled out the 5 feet, pulled the bricks down and relined them to how I wanted them to extend, then after I bought the bricks he set them out and pulled the dirt down to make it a little more level. Now all I have to do is fill in the flower bed with potting soil and plant my vines and flowers.

I love Ragazzo, he's done so much, when I thought he wouldn't. Guess I am just not use to people being like this... now to get over my insecurities and keep moving forward. <3
Con affecto.
me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

D.109.11

D.098.11

D.048\12