D.122.11

Whoops, it sure has been a while since I've written, I was suppose to be writing every day! Outta sight outta mind eh? Ah well, what can you do about it?



I have seen lots of people with tattoos of black birds on their bodies and I am the sort of person in which every tattoo has a meaning, has a purpose. So I asked a few people what their black birds mean and am just shocked by some of their answers "oh it just looks cool" "black like my soul" (that from a very genteel person who fancied himself a rebel) or they throw some sort of meaning into it that is from a religion or a mythology that isn't in their heritage. Don't get me wrong to each their own, but I still find it ridiculous that there are white people who worship "The Great Spirit" and use sweet grass and sage to 'bless themselves and their homes". But whatever...

For a long time I've been contemplating this tattoo, and because everything has a reason, here is mine. I am KMC, daughter of Owl Woman, a child of the Apsaalooke Nation commonly called the Crow Tribe. But Apsaalooke literally means "children of the large black bird" and Black Birds, whatever they are, are my favorite. And my family is large. So a Black Birds for my family.



Next is a tattoo that will finally cover the blasted date on my wrist. Slinger, my tattoo artist, suggested I try to find Bible verses to attach to the numbers but while I could find 3 14, 8 4 was not successful and neither is the 74. Either way, the 8*4*74 is a date that I've wanted removed from my body for a long time now. As well as the other side 3*14*74 these people are not longer in my life and have no more bearing on me. Ah well... come what may, I am sure something will work out.

For now though I need to work, so I'll update tomorrow and hopefully be more enthused to write.

To days to come,
/ac

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

D.109.11

D.098.11

D.096.11