D.099.11



My sister had an acquaintance only 35 years old who suffered from mini strokes and was going to see the doctor for more tests and treatment when swelling in her brain put her into a coma, then brain death. They are taking her off life support in the morning. My older sister has a friend, a woman she use to ride with and who she still hangs out with regularly. She's 39 years old, suffered lot 'chronic heart burn' then friday, two weeks ago, had a heart attack. Turns out the 'heart burn' was actually mini heart attacks. She's alive, she's quit smoking as well.

35 and 39 years old and these women are going through such things. It's enough to make a person worry about the twinges of chest pain and the prolonged throbbing of head pain. But I went to the doctor once saying sometimes I get these sharp searing pain in the left side of chest, I was 23 at the time, had suffered these sharp pains ever since I could remember. The doctor said I was too young to be feeling such pain and that I was probably making it up. I fucking hate doctors, nearly as much as I hate police.

Anyways, finally did some grocery shopping, have to go buy meat tomorrow, or monday. Began a lot of cleaning in the casita but since no one was here to keep me company I turned on some music, got bored, turned on some movies... bad move. I kept stopping to watch the movies, as if I dont know how it'll end! I got some simple organizing done, some dishes were washed, bathroom was cleaned but I really need to sweep and mop and finish putting shit away. I want to either eat at the kitchen table or move it outside!

AJ is building up the porch of the casita. There will be a wall half way built up inside the posts, then mosquito netting draped around the rest. This will, hopefully, keep most of this damn dust and rock out of my tiny casita. I really appreciate the movement from her. We were talking about the growing elms and how they needed to be cut down and killed, the other day I got home early so I went around uprooting as many of them as I could find and marking their locations. When she got home I asked where she kept the poison and she showed me and she helped me take down the young tree in the back and I poisoned the rest of the rootings and she said thanks. 'Really, thanks, everyone says they'll help with the yard but they usually just go half to pay someone else to come in.' I laughed, why pay for someone else to do it when the greatest sense of accomplishment comes from doing it yourself? But I didn't say that to her, I just laughed, said any time, and came back to my casita.

I love this place, it's small, but it's cozy.

Anyways, time to try to clean the stove top, watch the rest of Hidalgo then nip off to bed.The dogs are already asleep, chasing whatever in their dreams. Outside the temperature is dropping, wouldn't be surprised if it was snowing.

To days to come,
/ac

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

D.109.11

D.098.11

D.096.11