D.108.11

            Oops, I forgot to write yesterday, well, it was a busy day. I woke up with a slight hangover from the Burke Burlesque the night before which was pretty good. It felt strange going out on a Saturday and not being out to play pool, but it was nice. Little Bit was there and it was fun. So wake up Sunday, hung-over but not too bad, head over to Sunday brunch and wish my brother a happy birthday. Stopped off at Best Buy and bought some toys, stopped at Hastings and bought a new manga, then went home. Jewels was painting the screen door so I ask if she needs any help and I helped her, outside, for the next couple of hours. Painted the door, hung up yard art, chatting and had a beer. It was fun, but being out in the sun all day can really zap your energy and mine was thoroughly zapped. Went to dinner with the family at 5 over at Olive Garden… which reminds me, I had leftovers for lunch but I left them at home! NOO! Damnit. Heh, I also left my cell phone at home too, merda. Anyways, so the dvds I bought for brobro's birthday didn't turn out to be what I thought they were… lol, shoulda seen that one coming, so I just now ordered a different one but I think it's only in Japanese and not dubbed. Gr, oh well.

Frère Jacques,
Frère Jacques,
Dormez vous?
Dormez vous?
Sonnez les matines,
Sonnez les matines,
Din, din, don!
Din, din, don!

            Teacher said she was going to teach me to read music next. I don't know where to even start with such a task, but I trust her skills, already I have learned a lot about the violin and I am so happy about that. I've only been at this since March 22nd but I am feeling so good about this, I am so glad I finally took the steps to learn the violin. I learned the whole of May Song so I hope I can surprise her with that, I need to practice more on my bowing, but that'll come with time.

            I found these two short stories in an old thumb drive I thought I lost 6 months ago. Edited a little bit, but here they are:

The love of your life is getting married to someone else. In a last-ditch attempt to win the love of your life back, you bust into the wedding and profess your love mid-ceremony. Start your story with the line…

 

"Don't say yes!" I shouted as I burst into the church. Everyone looked back at me like the half crazed woman I was. Slightly out of breath and disheveled I looked around and nodded. "Oh," I sighed. "Good, right church this time." I slowly made my way up the aisle pushing my long hair back in an attempt of normalcy.

"Eve?" The groom was shocked and the bride looked murderous.

"Patrick," I gulped down a breath and tried to steady my nerves. "Please, just listen," I took a deep breath knowing I'd have to be quick about this. "I know we have our differences, and I know we've said some, uh," my thoughts tripped up. "Unique," I nodded. "Unique things to each other, but I also know that fights between us never last more than a few days and we talk about them through and through until we understand each other. And we do Patrick," I gulped. "You and I are always communicating and understanding each other even when our differences drive us to unique words. Um," my mouth was suddenly dry, my long speech I had prepared deserted me. "Uh, where was I?"

"Eve," Patrick groaned.

"Right, quicker then," I nodded. "You said you always wanted to live debt free, making just enough to live on and we can do that! You and me, we both are debt free, we are both highly educated, no offence there Tess." I nodded to the bride who still looked like she wanted to murder me. "Oh, uh, anyway," I coughed. "You and I Patrick, we can go anywhere, we can do anything, we can touch the stars! Just please! Please, don't marry her, I know right now the economy is tough, and maybe, uh, maybe we won't have that much money to support us right away, but it will happen." I nodded hopefully. "And even if it doesn't, you and I, we could be wanderers and we'd be okay with that."

"You say that now," Patrick sighed. "But what about children?"

"We don't need children."

"You say that now!" He repeated. "But what about when all your friends have children and what about when your parents start laying in on your for kids?"

"At the risk of sounding like Gloria in that one penguin movie," I smiled. "'Then I'll have you' and that's all I need."

"Eve," Patrick let out a breath and looked up at me.

"I love you Patrick," I said slowly. "I always have, I know now that I always will. I thought that I could live with you marrying her and me not being a part of your life, as long as you were happy. And I can," I nodded. "I really can," I felt the tears starting to bubble up, I had to leave. "But I had to try." I took a steadying breath and looked around again. "I'll, uh, I'll be outside for a bit, hoping." I turned and went back outside and sat on the steps. Fear, doubt, and hope all warring inside my chest, my heart threatening to explode. The adrenaline coursing through my veins had me up and pacing after a few moments as the seconds stretched into minutes.

It wasn't long until I heard a cheer and my heart shattered.

Nodding I walked down the steps, left a little box on top of the limo and headed off.

~*~

Patrick and his new bride climbed into the limo, the driver handed them the little box before getting in and driving them off to the reception.

"What's that?" Tess asked, pointing to the box Patrick opened.

He was starring down into the box, a look of astonishment frozen on his features as he passed the box to Tess. She took out a slip of paper and marveled.

"Congrats, hope you achieve your dreams, Eve." She smiled. "How much money is that?"

"Knowing Eve, that'll be the ten thousand to get you out of debt."

*~*

End

 

Yeah, it's sappy I know. But the prompt called for 750 words or less. This clocks in at 661. Sad ending, I wonder what that says about me. Actually feeling rather sad lately, hmm… oh well. KBO.

 

^^^

 

One day you wake up to find your dog/cat waiting for you at the side of your bed, sitting on your briefcase. Cocking its head, it tells you, in perfect English, that you won't be going to work today. Why won't your pet let you go to work, and what happens?

 

I opened my eyes; I hated waking up, from fantasy land to mediocre land in a few wispy moments. I groaned as my eyes adjusted to see my cat sitting on my work bag. He cocked his head to one side and opened his mouth.

"You won't be going into work today." Jack said and then grinned a wide toothy grin.

I blinked and looked around. I was in my apartment, my clothes for the day lying next to my work bag. My alarm clock was two minutes shy of going off, and I sat up.

"Okay," I chuckled. "I get it, I'm still sleeping."

"No you're not," Jack assured me and stopped grinning. "Though I can't prove it just yet," he sighed and shook his head. "You need to trust me Jessica, you are awake, I am talking to you, and we need to leave."

"Yeah," I rubbed his head and crawled out of bed heading for the bathroom.

"Jesse," he hissed. "Stop this!" He jumped on the sink and slapped the toothbrush out of my hand. "We have to get out of here now!" he fluffed up. "If I'm lying and this is a dream then what does it matter?"

"Exactly," I picked up my toothbrush and ran it under the faucet.

Jack growled. "Fine, this is a dream and we need to leave because the zombies are coming!"

I narrowed my eyes and looked at him. Even in dreams zombies weren't to be messed with. "Fine," I sighed. "Let me grab my clothes we'll leave before the zombies get here."

"Hurry!" He ran to the front room as I grabbed my clothes and quickly dressed. I grabbed my bag and hurried to the front door where he was waiting for me.

"Where are we going to go?"

"I thought you had a zombie escape plan." He said sarcastically.

"Well I do," I said opening the door and scooping him into my arms. "But you're the one who says their coming, figured you had a plan."

"We get in the car; we drive as fast as we can to the north."

"Anywhere in particular?" I asked jogging down the stairs and into the parking lot.

"No," he grunted and climbed onto my shoulder. "Just north, hurry!"

"Pushy," I got into the car and turned the key. The engine roared to life and we headed out of the parking lot and toward the interstate.

"We can travel on that road," he was looking at the interstate. "Only for a little while, when the bomb- I mean, Zombies, happen, it'll get crowded quickly."

"Bomb?"

"Zombies, bombs, four skeletal horsemen riding demon nightmares bringing on the apocalypse," he shrugged with a grin. "What does it matter, you're only dreaming right? Any minute now your alarm clock will wake you up and this will just be a wispy cloud of nothing."

"Oddly I'm beginning to rethink that thought."

"As you should," his whiskers twitched. "That scale tops at one-four-zero," Jack said looking at the speedometer.

"Yeah,"

"Why are you only hovering at the six-zero?"

"Speed limit." I said.

"If you're dreaming, you won't get into trouble yeah?" He said slowly and I nodded tentatively. "So go faster."

I looked into his green eyes and applied more pressure to the pedal, the needle drifting over the arch quickly.

We had just made it out of the city limits and entered the rural farm land when he jumped into the backseat.

"Pull over," he said quietly and I obeyed.

I got out of car and looked back to the city I had grown up in, to the city I had lost my parents to, where I had loved, and lost and watched as the dawn light gleamed off a small cylindrical object that grew bigger as it got closer.

"It's the end of the world as we know it, Jesse."

^^^

That's interesting, I wrote those before I owned an orange cat named Jack, but he didn't have green eyes. And zombies are never to be messed with, they were in my dream for a bit last night, got bit on the arm before the dream scenario changed. Moving on…

            I figured out Frere Jacques in Solfege, itsy bitsy spider is still eluding me. Last night I was watching Street Fighter the Legend of Chun-Li and I liked it. Painted my nails pink, big mistake, I need to get it off!! Pink is for the pinky, but I couldn't locate the black, or the nail polish remover. Frere Jacques is mostly played on 2 strings with 2 notes on a 3rd string. Like Frere Jacques I think the Itsy Bitsy Spider will also be a 3 string song which makes it crucial to learn. Cazzo! I left my rosin at home!!

            Tried it again, I think it may actually be all 4 strings!! This'll be interesting to play. But work is not the environment in which to be practicing the violin. Work is for work, and my spreadsheets are not looking right. Oh I was at Best Buy the other day buying new toys and I saw the collector's edition of Assassins Creed Brotherhood! It's $100 but it comes with a Doctor in the Box! Like a Jack-in-the-box but it's the Doctor! Not The Doctor, but the Doctor!! I love the Doctor, I've got a Doctor Charm on my necklace! Dumb-dumb thought I got it strictly because of Assassins Creed, idiot. I like the history of these masks, the ones with the long nose. In the old days of the Plague (old because there are recent outbreaks of Plague up north, like Santa Fe) the doctors would treat patients with these masks on and they would stuff the long noses with rags and flowers and cloves- they thought that if they could not smell the death and decay that it could not touch them. I don't know if that story is for real or if it is just a good story, but I like it.

            I also want to learn Italian, partly because of AC, but mostly because I like that language. I've resigned myself that I'll never learn Crow, which I think is sad, we're Native America's, my siblings and me, but we were raised away from that, shielded from that influence and raised white. It's boring, disgusting and fucked up. But what can you do about it? So… Italian. Yes. BUT for now, I am off to violin practice!

To days to come,
/ac

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

D.109.11

D.098.11

D.096.11